Monday, April 4, 2011

My first interview

Ok, so i woke up this morning excited. Excited about what? My job interview. I got up around 7:30 which, by the way, is extremely early for me. I got ready and piddled around until about 8:30. Then to Unilin i headed.
I started up my jeep and put it in reverse....I started up my jeep and PUT IT IN REVERSE!.... it wouldn't go into reverse? This is annoying! I try and try again. I can get it into any other gear but not into reverse. What the hell? I just spent $3500 putting a new engine in it (well my dad spent it, i'm paying him back..thanks dad!) Whatever, I put it in first and pulled through the yard. I didn't have time for that.
I pull in the parking lot and look around at all the cars and at the huge building. This place is a lot bigger than all the other places I've worked at before. I looked around for the office and found the visitor's parking. That must be the office in front of the visitors parking. Made sense to me. I picked a spot that was kindof up hill so that if i couldn't reverse i could just roll back out of the spot. I parked and went in.
Once inside i was directed to a room where 3 other people were already sitting. They were sitting at a table waiting. There were 2 men and 1 woman. We all had a little sheet of paper with company info on it that we were looking at.
Then Drenda walked in. She explained the deal to us. We were going to talk about the company, watch a video and then we were going to be interviewed individually. I really didn't care about learning about the company. I was there to get a job, not learn how laminate flooring was made!
After the informative, we were called 1 by 1 back to be interviewed. I went back and sat in a chair across from the saftey inspector. I don't remember his name.
He went over the basic questions that i think are all a load of crap. How long do you plan to be with the company if hired? How do you handle diffucult situations? Blah blah blah...
Then it was over.
They say it may take as long as 4 months to actually complete the hiring process. They said there are several interviews, as well as a test, and a plant walk through.
As of now, i have no idea how the interview went. I have a pretty good feeling about it, but i don't know how they felt. We'll see.
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment